MARKETING & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
The Marketing & Community Engagement Manager is a full-time, salaried position with traditional weekday office hours and some evening meetings, travel and events outside of regular office hours. Primary duties include coordinating all digital and print communications, marketing, publications, media, social media, events, website management, and public education and outreach for the LaGrange County Community Foundation and its programs. This position develops and implements communication activities that engage and solicit feedback from the community, improve and enhance the Foundation’s image, and maximize the visibility of the Foundation. This position reports to the Executive Director.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Collaborates with the executive director, Foundation staff, and contract designer to produce newsletters, annual reports, event materials, brochures, press releases and announcements, email marketing communications, graphics and other public-facing publications and digital printed materials.
- Manages and develops content for the Foundation’s website and social media accounts; coordinates social media strategies and special digital campaigns as needed.
- Coordinates Foundation event logistics; manages event direction, concepts and visioning for events; works to create programming and content; creates and manages event communications.
- Communicates the value of philanthropy to a diverse network of stakeholders including citizens, grantees, donors, business, civic leaders, and local elected officials.
- Manages email marketing software and supports administrative staff with the Foundation’s contact database.
- Upholds the Foundation’s image standards and acts as quality control for communications and public-facing documents.
- Maintains a public presence and builds relationships with community members and media representatives; participates in external events as appropriate.
- Serves as a professional and enthusiastic ambassador for the Foundation and its programs.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
A bachelor’s degree preferred: business, journalism, communications, advertising, public relations, marketing, or similar degree preferred.
This position requires a minimum of 2 years’ professional experience directly related to planning, community development, marketing, communications, media, social media, or related fields.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Superior writing skills required: successful writing and experience with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills; ability to professionally communicate and interact with office staff, elected officials, community partners, and the public.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, comfortable public presence, and passion for building community support; experience in public speaking and media relations a plus.
- Experience creating and implementing targeted social media strategies; experience in search engine optimization and using social media analytics to track performance toward goals a plus.
- Experience producing brochures, newsletters, annual reports, flyers, invitations, press releases and electronic communications; experience with email marketing/customer relationship management software (such as Constant Contact).
- Eye for design and experience with graphic design software (such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency and comfort with technology and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Experience in website management and web content development.
- Experience working with nonprofits and community organizations. Knowledge and understanding of the LaGrange County community and nonprofit organizations a plus.
- Experience planning and implementing events.
- Collaborative, flexible team player.
- Detail-oriented and passionate about quality.
- Proactive and self-motivated; willingness and desire to improve and learn new processes.
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines; ability to manage multiple projects and issues. Simultaneously and complete them on time with minimal supervision.
- Maintains a professional, public profile consistent with the Foundation’s organizational values.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary is competitive. Benefits include paid time off, employer sponsored retirement plan and 11 paid holidays. The Community Foundation office is closed annually the week of July 4.
Qualified persons wishing to be considered for this position must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 2, 2023, or until filled.